Love triangle possible angle for Calinan bomb blast; 1 killed, 3 injured
A BOMB exploded and claimed the life of one individual while also injuring three others at Roman Diaz Street, in front of Emragila Restobar, in Calinan Poblacion, at 10:49 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 7.
Captain Hazel Tuazon, Davao City Police Office spokesperson, identified the fatality as Romnick Creer Nortarte, 31, with a live-in partner, a resident of Sitio Acacia, Barangay Tamugan, Marilog District.
Meanwhile, Emelita Rotarte Alegarme, 48, housewife, and a resident of Purok 23, Calinan Poblacion; Loribeth Toting Ñocyeo, 50, housewife, and a resident of Sitio Acacia; and Rey Caresosa Agliones, 32, a resident of NHA, Barangay Ma-a, were all rushed to the hospital for their injuries.
According to witness Monalisa Alegarme Melhem, 31, a businesswoman, and a resident of Purok 23, Calinan Poblacion, they were about to go home after dinner.
Alegarme noticed a white cellophane bag with a lighted fire perched on the window of the establishment.
She was about to grab the bag to check the contents when it exploded.
The victims were immediately brought to the Southern Philippines Medical Clinic (SPMC) for medical intervention. Unfortunately, Nortarte was declared dead on arrival by his attending physician at 11:54 p.m. of the same date.
The three survivors are under observation.
The Scene of the Crime Operative (SOCO) turned over the bomb fragments for inspection. For now, authorities could still not ascertain what type of explosive it was.
The police are looking at love triangle as the possible motive of the crime.
Photo courtesy of DCPO
- P14-M worth of prizes up for grabs in the 14th Eaglemasters Golf Tourney
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Women leaders oppose DSWD’s “discriminatory” policies
- TIMESMAN | My last wish!
- IMPULSES | Coffee, choco love affair in Iloilo City
- Solar farm project to attract tourists
- Alleged IP rebel leader slain in Army encounter in Bohol
- Second batch of rice retailers to receive subsidies next week
- Fatal motorbike crash claims two young lives
- P500-K of shabu seized from father, son, nephew