- Water bill quarrel leads daughter to kill her mother
A MOTHER was stabbed to death by his daughter during a heated argument in Purok 7-A, Sto. Rosario Chapel, Nograles Gym, Barangay 76-A, at 5:35 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 6.
Major Marvin Hugos, commander of San Pedro Police Station, identified the victim as Dolores Celocia, while the suspect was Devine Lim, 38, jobless, both residents of the same place.
Investigation showed Celocia demanded the unpaid balance of the water bill from housekeeper Newlyn Perla, 35, the suspect’s live-in partner.
Allegedly, the victim was under the influence of liquor, which aggravated the situation. The confrontation immediately became heated, resulting in a shouting match.
The suspect arrived and tried to pacify them both. At some point, according to the police report, Lim grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed her mother multiple times before escaping the scene.
The victim was rushed to the Southern Philippines Medical Center, but the doctors failed to revive her.
The police have launched a manhunt to arrest the suspect.
- BANGSAMORO SPEAKS | Our instrument for change is already in our hands
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Davao takes Pink October seriously
- TYBOX | Finding identity and integrity as artists
- IMPULSES | Let’s play with PhET in class
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- DA information caravan draws 654 farmers, producers
- P10.3-M granted to uniformed personnel in Reg-XI through CSBP
- Former government employee found dead with 44 stab wounds
- Alleged drug dealer slain in buy-bust
- Show cause order