A TRUCK driver was injured after his brakes malfunctioned at Sitio Lanitum, Barangay Suawan, Marilog District, at around 11:45 p.m. on Aug. 4.
Captain Hazel Tuazon, spokesperson of the Davao City Police Office, identified him as Demy Jaicten Batahoy, 35, married, and a resident of Purok Durian, Barangay Mankilam, Tagum City.
The investigation showed that the truck loaded with Dole banana products was traveling along the Davao-Bukidnon National Highway coming from Bukidnon.
Upon reaching the curve, at the accident-prone area of Sitio Lanitum, the driver supposedly encountered brake failure. As a result, he lost control of the vehicle and crashed it on the road shoulder after hitting the steel railings, finally stopping at the edge of an open creek.
Fortunately, the injuries were minor and the responding medical personnel of Central 911 gave him first aid at the scene.
Photo courtesy of DCPO
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC