MORE THAN P5 million worth of illegal drugs were seized by the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) from the 135 arrested in different operations conducted for July alone.
DCPO chief Col Alberto Lupaz said the simultaneous Anti-Criminality and Law Enforcement Operations (SACLEO) from July 1 to 31, led to the seizure of 211.2249 grams of shabu and 30,351.4169 grams of marijuana.
The total haul amounted to an estimated street market value of P5,078,499.35.
Through 125 meticulously executed operations,
Lupaz said the DCPO apprehended 135 suspects and fugitives from 125 operations. The office accomplished a significant feat in the campaign against wanted persons after apprehending 200 individuals with outstanding warrants.
“Our dedication and determination were further evident in the Anti-illegal gambling operations, where we conducted 57 operations resulting in the arrest of 154 violators and the confiscation of P37,356 in bet money,” he said.
“Additionally, our unwavering commitment to ensuring public safety was showcased in the campaign against illegal possession of firearms,” he said.
For instance, law enforcers arrested 12 individuals and confiscated 43 firearms in 42 operations.
He added these exceptional achievements are a testament to the DCPO’s unyielding dedication and the tireless efforts of each PNP personnel.
” Let us continue to work together, pushing the boundaries of excellence, to maintain peace and order, and create a safer and more secure Davao City,” Lupaz said.
“Your hard work and unwavering commitment are vital in upholding the trust and confidence of our fellow citizens. Together, we can make a difference and build a better community for all,” he added.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC