A TRUCK driver died on the spot while his helper was injured when he lost control while traversing along the Davao-Bukidnon Highway in Sitio Bagong Silang,Barangay Baganihan, Marilog District, at 7:15 a.m. on Wednesday, August 2.
Captain Hazel Tuazon, spokesperson of Davao City Police Office identified him as Olarita Antonio Jr. Gabunada, 29, a resident of Poblacion Monkayo, Davao de Oro, and helper Joel Blasi Mangas.
Investigation showed the truck heading toward Davao City but the helper said the brakes malfunctioned upon reaching the area fronting Alice Kitchen Cafe Resto. The driver crashed the vehicle into the open canal but continued down the slope.
The driver got stuck inside the truck from the impact and died from his injuries.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC