THE NATIONAL Intelligence Coordinating Agency-XI (NICA-XI) warned against groups trying to piggyback on incendiary issues to sow intrigue and confusion and eventually become threats to the region’s security.
During Kapihan sa PIA in collaboration with MinDA forum on July 31, Evarly Tajanlangit, NICA-XI regional director, everyone must not be complacent even though the security situation of the region remains stable
He said that the security landscape is ever-changing and still prone to exploitation.
“We are peaceful as of the moment but we have to watch out for the ever-pressing issues, like the environment. Although these are justified, there are still groups that use these issues as weapons in order to pursue their goals of destabilizing the peace and order of the region,” Tajanlangit said.
Tajanlangit also urged the region to move in a more in-depth approach as they continuously push their campaign for cybersecurity and intelligence-driven analysis.
“We started our campaign with the whole government approach, then we moved into the next phase, which is the whole of nation approach, then we are now in the more in-depth approach which is the whole of society. Let us work hand-in-hand, help each other, and be on each other’s side to realize Mindanao as a whole,” Tajanlangit added.
- BANGSAMORO SPEAKS | Our instrument for change is already in our hands
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Davao takes Pink October seriously
- TYBOX | Finding identity and integrity as artists
- IMPULSES | Let’s play with PhET in class
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- DA information caravan draws 654 farmers, producers
- P10.3-M granted to uniformed personnel in Reg-XI through CSBP
- Former government employee found dead with 44 stab wounds
- Alleged drug dealer slain in buy-bust
- Show cause order