THE POLICE Regional Office (PRO) XI extended immediate assistance and support to the families of the slain and injured personnel who responded to a commotion in Barangay Lacson, Calinan District, on Wednesday, July 26.
“The Police Regional Office 11 condemns in the highest form the killing of our two police officers, PCMS Tito Didal Lague and PCpl Mark Anthony Elman Corsino, who were brutally attacked while responding to a call for police assistance at Purok 4, Barangay Lacson, Calinan District,” the statement said.
Said incident also caused serious injuries to the other responding mobile crew members, namely PCpl Ken Leo Diango Gumanoy and mobile driver Donald Ombrete. While the remaining suspect, namely Rico Macasay, was immediately arrested in a hot pursuit operation.
The PRO XI recognized the courage and bravery of the law enforcers who risked their lives in performing their duty. The office also promised to extend financial assistance to the families of both the slain and injured crew.
Moreover, the PRO XI appealed to the public to stop sending and posting videos and images relating to the incident on social media.
“We appeal for respect for the victims and their respective families,” the statement said.
“We mourn with the family and loved ones of our departed brothers-in-arms. Our heartfelt condolences to the bereaved families and prayers for the eternal rest of our beloved comrades,” it added.
- P14-M worth of prizes up for grabs in the 14th Eaglemasters Golf Tourney
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Women leaders oppose DSWD’s “discriminatory” policies
- TIMESMAN | My last wish!
- IMPULSES | Coffee, choco love affair in Iloilo City
- Solar farm project to attract tourists
- Alleged IP rebel leader slain in Army encounter in Bohol
- Second batch of rice retailers to receive subsidies next week
- Fatal motorbike crash claims two young lives
- P500-K of shabu seized from father, son, nephew