THE 10TH Infantry Division praised President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. for issuing Proclamation No. 298 or “Lifting the State of National Emergency on Account of Lawless Violence in Mindanao.”
Business groups have been pushing to lift Proclamation No. 55, issued by former President Rodrigo Duterte, “Declaring a State of National Emergency on Account of Lawless Violence in Mindanao,” due to its devastating repercussions on Mindanao’s economy and tourism.
Proclamation No. 55 was signed on Sept. 4, 2016, by former President Rodrigo Roa Duterte in light of the threats of further terror attacks and other similar acts of violence by lawless elements.
One of the bases for issuing the proclamation was the Roxas Night Market bombing on Sept. 2, 2016, which killed 14 people and injured a hundred others.
Major Mark Anthony Tito, the spokesperson of the 10th Infantry Division, said that since the declaration of the Davao Region as insurgency-free, they haven’t recorded any violent or non-violent incidents from the communist terrorist group.
Also, former guerilla bases were transformed into peaceful, developed, and progressive areas.
In a statement, the 10ID “believes that more livelihood opportunities will come with the said proclamation that will benefit even those who live in geographically isolated and disadvantaged areas, which is critical in sustaining an insurgency-free region.”
- P14-M worth of prizes up for grabs in the 14th Eaglemasters Golf Tourney
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Women leaders oppose DSWD’s “discriminatory” policies
- TIMESMAN | My last wish!
- IMPULSES | Coffee, choco love affair in Iloilo City
- Solar farm project to attract tourists
- Alleged IP rebel leader slain in Army encounter in Bohol
- Second batch of rice retailers to receive subsidies next week
- Fatal motorbike crash claims two young lives
- P500-K of shabu seized from father, son, nephew