A WORKER died and another one injured when a steel bridge undergoing construction collapsed in Sitio Kibakak, Barangay Malamba, Marilog District, around 3:30 p.m. on Monday, July 24.
Captain Hazel Tuazon, spokesperson of Davao City Police Office (DCPO), identified the victim as Rolando Bongguyan Abing , 40, a resident of the said area, who succumbed to head fractures.
Meanwhile, Meljay Roaring Vero, 21, survived the fall but sustained body injuries.
Initial investigation showed that a boom truck owned by Buhusan Construction Company was conveying steel material when it suddenly collapsed and fell into the river, taking the workers with it.
As of the report, ten workers were believed to be still in the area. But the Marilog Police Station and the City Disaster Risk and Reduction Management Office (CDRRMO) are working double-time to ensure workers go home safely.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC