A 39-YEAR-OLD bus passenger was arrested after more than P30,000 worth of drugs were seized from him while passing through the checkpoint in Barangay Lasang, Bunawan District, on Saturday, July 22.
Captain John Louie Dema-ala, the spokesperson of Task Force Davao, identified the suspect as Jeffrey Baguio Trangia, single, and a resident of Purok 13, Barangay Mainit, Nabunturan, Davao de Oro.
According to the report, Trangis was on board a commuter bus heading toward Davao City when he was intercepted for a routine inspection. However, security personnel found suspected shabu, weighing more or less 1.89 grams with an estimated street value of P 30,240, in his possession.
Col Darren Comia, Task Force Davao commander, commended the relentless efforts of the joint police and Army security personnel at the checkpoint for strictly screening all individuals entering the city.
The suspect and confiscated evidence were turned over to the custody of Bunawan Police Station, as he faces a charge of violating Republic Act 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- P14-M worth of prizes up for grabs in the 14th Eaglemasters Golf Tourney
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Women leaders oppose DSWD’s “discriminatory” policies
- TIMESMAN | My last wish!
- IMPULSES | Coffee, choco love affair in Iloilo City
- Solar farm project to attract tourists
- Alleged IP rebel leader slain in Army encounter in Bohol
- Second batch of rice retailers to receive subsidies next week
- Fatal motorbike crash claims two young lives
- P500-K of shabu seized from father, son, nephew