A LABORER was found slumped on the ground with stab wounds at the First Alley, Toril Public Market, around 3:30 a.m. on Thursday, July 20.
Major Michael Uyanguren, commander of Toril Police Station, identified him as Manuel Alemania III, 33, a resident of Lim Street in Toril.
Initial investigation showed an eatery owner parked her tricycle when she noticed the half-naked body on the ground near the ditch. She checked and saw the bloodied body, prompting her to call the security guards on duty.
According to the victim’s half-sister, the victim had been sleeping around the Toril Public Market whenever he got drunk. He had not been to their house for some time now.
Meanwhile, the security guards testified that the victim was involved in multiple robbery and pickpocketing incidents at the market.
Scene of the Crime Operatives (SOCO) recovered a black sling bag containing several personal documents.
Toril police investigators are trying to determine the motive and identify the perpetrator/s.
- P14-M worth of prizes up for grabs in the 14th Eaglemasters Golf Tourney
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Women leaders oppose DSWD’s “discriminatory” policies
- TIMESMAN | My last wish!
- IMPULSES | Coffee, choco love affair in Iloilo City
- Solar farm project to attract tourists
- Alleged IP rebel leader slain in Army encounter in Bohol
- Second batch of rice retailers to receive subsidies next week
- Fatal motorbike crash claims two young lives
- P500-K of shabu seized from father, son, nephew