THE KIDAPAWAN police arrested six hold-up suspects, one also allegedly involved in a Calinan robbery last May.
They were identified as Gemar Solidag Tipan, 36, married, resident of Banay-Banay, Davao Oriental; Manilito Paragas Linda, 42, single, from Don Salvador, Davao Oriental; Allan Colita Miesco, 49, single, resident of Duali, Davao Oriental; Denver Jay Sefuentes, 35, from Bagangga, Davao Oriental; Dennis Singson Sefuentes, 40, single from Banay-Banay, Davao Oriental, Arcadio Tipan Sefuentes Jr., 57, from Don Salvador, Mati, Davao Oriental.
It was also learned that one of the suspects, Manilito Paragas Linda,
Captain Hazel Tuazon, spokesperson of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), said that Linda also faced a case of robbery hold-up recorded by the Calinan PNP.
Based on the record of the Calinan police, on May 9 around 10:30 p.m., the J &T Express Calinan was robbed by four men who took P1,259,430, including the unremitted parcel proceeds.
Meanwhile, Gemar and Manilito were previously arrested in Butuan City after they robbed Raymark Babor Codaste, 26, at Barangay Ampayon, Butuan City, last April. The suspects gave the victim’s backpack containing P970,000 in cash.
Police recovered two .45 caliber pistols, wallets containing IDs, and four phones from the suspects.
- P14-M worth of prizes up for grabs in the 14th Eaglemasters Golf Tourney
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Women leaders oppose DSWD’s “discriminatory” policies
- TIMESMAN | My last wish!
- IMPULSES | Coffee, choco love affair in Iloilo City
- Solar farm project to attract tourists
- Alleged IP rebel leader slain in Army encounter in Bohol
- Second batch of rice retailers to receive subsidies next week
- Fatal motorbike crash claims two young lives
- P500-K of shabu seized from father, son, nephew