A HIGH-VALUE target suspect was killed in a buy-bust after allegedly resisting arrest by the elements of the Sta. Ana Police Station around 6:10 p.m. on Monday.
Meanwhile, the police seized more than P100,000 worth of shabu from the suspect, identified by Lt Col Ronald Lao, Sta. Ana police commander only as alias Jumong.
Lao said the suspect was tagged as a top 1 city-level high-value individual.
According to the report, the suspect sold a sachet of shabu to a police poseur-buyer in exchange for P16,000 money.
However, he sensed that he was about to be arrested, so he drew his .38 revolver and fired at the arresting officer. He was then brought to Southern Philippines Medical Center for an immediate medical intervention.
According to the report, the seized drugs weighed 10.66 grams with an estimated street value of P170,560.
Likewise, Lao said the suspect was also involved in theft and robbery incidents in the city.
(Photo courtesy of Sta. ana police station)
- BANGSAMORO SPEAKS | Our instrument for change is already in our hands
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Davao takes Pink October seriously
- TYBOX | Finding identity and integrity as artists
- IMPULSES | Let’s play with PhET in class
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- DA information caravan draws 654 farmers, producers
- P10.3-M granted to uniformed personnel in Reg-XI through CSBP
- Former government employee found dead with 44 stab wounds
- Alleged drug dealer slain in buy-bust
- Show cause order