A driver who allegedly resisted arrest was killed in a buy-bust operation conducted by elements of Toril police in Abrigana Compound, Brgy. Bato, on Friday, July 14 around 1:30 p.m.
Major Michael Uyanguren, commander of Toril police identified him as Jay-ar Barbinido, 29, a resident of Purok 1, Brgy Lubogan.
According to the report, the suspect sold a sachet of shabu weighing 3.48 grams to a police poseur buyer in exchange for money.
However when he was about to be arrested the suspect shot the arresting officer but he was able to return fire and shot the suspect.
The suspect was brought to the Mediquest hospital but was declared dead on arrival by the attending physician.
Confiscated from the suspect were: a black wallet, big size of shabu worth P64520; P11,000 boodle money, and’ .38 revolver without serial number loaded with five live ammunition, spent fired cartridge case, Two fired cartridge cases believed to be from the .9mm caliber.
The body of Barbinido was brought to Villa Funeral Homes, GTH, in Toril.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC