A JEEPNEY driver was shot to death after parking his vehicle at Purok 8-A, Campo 5, Barangay Los Amigos, Tugbok District, at 5:49 p.m. on Thursday.
Captain Hazel Tuazon, spokesperson of Davao City Police Office (DCPO), identified the victim as Michael Justine Tamba Bangot, married, and a resident of the area.
Initial investigation showed that before the incident, the victim and his aide James Yawan checked the wheels after parking.
Suddenly, a red XRM motorcycle stopped next to them and the shot the victim multiple times.
A bleeding Bangot tried to run toward the grassy portion but collapsed from his fatal wounds.
The victim succumbed to two gunshot wounds on his back, two on his left hand, one on his shoulder, and one of the left side of his body.
After the incident, the gunman sped off toward Km. 20.
Scene of the Crime Operatives (SOCO) recovered two fired cartridge cases of undetermined caliber, subject to ballistic examination.
Police are still drawing a blank wall on the killing’s motive and the gunman’s identity.
- BANGSAMORO SPEAKS | Our instrument for change is already in our hands
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Davao takes Pink October seriously
- TYBOX | Finding identity and integrity as artists
- IMPULSES | Let’s play with PhET in class
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- DA information caravan draws 654 farmers, producers
- P10.3-M granted to uniformed personnel in Reg-XI through CSBP
- Former government employee found dead with 44 stab wounds
- Alleged drug dealer slain in buy-bust
- Show cause order