AN ADMINISTRATIVE aide at the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) faces a sexual assault charge after allegedly molesting a 14-year-old boy.
During the AFP-PNP Press Corps briefing on Wednesday morning, Davao City Police Office spokesperson Capt. Hazel Tuazon said the suspect, identified only as alias Jojo, 46, is now in their custody.
He was arrested based on the complaint of the teen victim to a police officer who was on duty at the hospital at that time.
The victim was seeking medical treatment after he was punched. The suspect approached him and promised to waive all the payment if he would come with him. Jojo took him to one of the rooms on the Jaica Building’s fifth floor.
The suspect allegedly fondled the boy, who was also forced to perform oral sex on the official.
The police said Jojo was tagged in previous sexual assault cases, but he was evasive, so they could not pin him down. Finally, they arrested him around 5 a.m. on Tuesday on the victim’s testimony.
The suspect is now in the custody of the Bajada Police Station, facing a case in relation to RA 8353 and RA 7610.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC