AUTHORITIES seized more than P300,000 worth of shabu from a bus passenger at Barangay Alejandra Navarro (Lasang) checkpoint in Bunawan around 9:30 p.m. on Tuesday, July 4.
Captain John Louie Dema-ala, the spokesperson of Task Force Davao, identified the suspect as Jerry Bataycan Moreno, 41, married, a resident of Purok 2, Baybay, Malalag, Davao del Sur.
Intercepted from his possession was one sachet of suspected shabu weighing more or less 23.52 grams with an estimated street value of P376,320.
Col. Darren Comia, Task Force Davao commander, commended the relentless effort of soldiers and police officers strictly screening all motorists and passengers passing through the checkpoint.
“The consecutive illegal drugs and illegal firearms apprehension in our entry points manifested the stringent security checks being implemented by the security forces of Davao City to ensure that no illegal items or contrabands will get through the city for the safety and security of every Davaoeños,” Comia said.
Meanwhile, the suspect and the confiscated evidence were turned over to the Bunawan Police Station for filing an appropriate charge for violating Republic Act 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- P14-M worth of prizes up for grabs in the 14th Eaglemasters Golf Tourney
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Women leaders oppose DSWD’s “discriminatory” policies
- TIMESMAN | My last wish!
- IMPULSES | Coffee, choco love affair in Iloilo City
- Solar farm project to attract tourists
- Alleged IP rebel leader slain in Army encounter in Bohol
- Second batch of rice retailers to receive subsidies next week
- Fatal motorbike crash claims two young lives
- P500-K of shabu seized from father, son, nephew