70-year-old claims she used a 2×3 coco timber in beating house help to death
A 70-YEAR-OLD widow reportedly issued her confession and owned full responsibility for the killing of her 29-year-old female helper in her subdivision home in Barangay Cabantian, Buhangin, last June 18.
Nenita Pagatpatan told the police that she used a piece of 2×3 coconut wood to attack Shiela Lagsaway Han-ay, who was already interred in her hometown in Davao Occidental.
Captain Hazel Tuazon, the spokesperson of the Davao City Police Office, said they already recovered the murder weapon and also the victim’s phone, which helped in the investigation.
“While nagbubo sa mga bulak po… iyang gibunalan (The suspect struck the blow while the victim was watering the plants),” she added.
Police investigators said the suspect had a grudge on the victim since the latter always complained to Pagatpatan’s daughter about her behavior.
As a result, the suspect was scolded by her daughter.
Scene of the Crime Operatives entered her house with a search warrant and found the one-foot-long piece of wood that the suspect used.
Tuazon said they already filed a murder case against Pagatpatan through inquest proceedings.
Police recovered CCTV footage showing the suspect dragging the victim’s body. Pagatpatan allegedly covered Lagwasay with a canvass sheet and placed her on the cart, making it easier to haul and dump her.
The victim was reportedly severely beaten and bore wounds on her face and back, along with a gashing head injury.
Meanwhile, Tuazon said the suspect also told them she was wracked with guilt and immediately felt better after confessing to the crime.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC