THE JOLLIBEE branch in Bolton caught fire around 3:30 p.m. on Monday, July 3.
Senior Fire Officer (SFO4) Ramil Gillado, the spokesperson of City District Fire Station, said the fire reportedly started in the kitchen. Fortunately, firefighters contained the flames before they spread to the nearby establishments.
Gillado said the fire alarm stayed at level 1, requiring only four fire trucks or fewer.
The fast-food branch’s proprietor, Lotus Rieta, 42, lived on the third floor of the building.
According to the report, Symen Magno was cutting the lower portion of the metal exhaust using acetylene as part of the interior demolition of the Jollibee restaurant. He then noticed flames emerging from inside the chimney.
Employees immediately used fire extinguishers to contain the flames while simultaneously calling 911.
Personnel from C.B. Bangoy Sr Fire Station of Bureau of Fire and Protection (BFP) XI and Central 911 Fire Auxiliary Services immediately responded and jointly put out the fire.
Based on the investigation conducted by Fire Investigator FO3 John Paul Limjap, the fire resulted from direct contact with the acetylene torch and the thick build-up of carbon and oil residues.
Firefighters declared a fire-out at 3:56 p.m. with no reported injuries. The establishment owner has yet to determine the property damage cost.
- BANGSAMORO SPEAKS | Our instrument for change is already in our hands
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Davao takes Pink October seriously
- TYBOX | Finding identity and integrity as artists
- IMPULSES | Let’s play with PhET in class
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- DA information caravan draws 654 farmers, producers
- P10.3-M granted to uniformed personnel in Reg-XI through CSBP
- Former government employee found dead with 44 stab wounds
- Alleged drug dealer slain in buy-bust
- Show cause order