A 4-YEAR-OLD girl was killed by her mother inside their house at Purok 2, Barangay Subasta, Calinan District, on Sunday, July 2.
Captain Hazel Tuazon, spokesperson of Davao City Police Office, confirmed the death of the preschooler at the hands of her mother during a mental health episode.
“Subject for autopsy ang bata then ang mama on hold po para madala sa Mental Hospital (Institute of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine),” Tuazon said.
The initial report said the mother strangled the child using pajama. The father then called the police after learning of the crime.
Tuazon said the family and the punong barangay attested to the suspect’s mental illness. However, the police will seek an official diagnosis from an expert.
“We are only waiting for the doctor’s certificate whether to exempt the suspect from criminal liability,” she added.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC