A JAPANESE national is held in custody at the Baliok Police Station after hitting a motorcycle driver along Davao-Bukidnon Road, Purok 13, Catalunan Pequeno, at around 9:50 a.m. on Sunday.
Captain Hazel Tuazon, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office (DCPO), identified him as Namatame Shigeki, while the victim was identified as Jason Malagante Sr.
According to the report, Malagante was driving his Suzuki motorcycle toward Ulas when Shigeki suddenly executed a U-turn with his Subaru wagon. The motorcycle slammed on the left portion of the Japanese’s vehicle.
The motorcycle driver was brought to the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) for his injuries.
The Japanese faces a charge of reckless imprudence resulting in physical injury.
- BANGSAMORO SPEAKS | Our instrument for change is already in our hands
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Davao takes Pink October seriously
- TYBOX | Finding identity and integrity as artists
- IMPULSES | Let’s play with PhET in class
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- DA information caravan draws 654 farmers, producers
- P10.3-M granted to uniformed personnel in Reg-XI through CSBP
- Former government employee found dead with 44 stab wounds
- Alleged drug dealer slain in buy-bust
- Show cause order