DAVAO City targets the same number of tourist arrivals in 2019 for the upcoming 38th Kadayawan Festival this August, which is about 250,000.
Jennifer Romero, City Tourism Operations Office head, said there were some 200,000 tourists who arrived in the city for the entire month of August in 2019.
The office is optimistic that there will be an influx of tourists, especially due to the return to normalcy after the COVID-19 restrictions were lifted.
The Kadayawan this August will be the second face-to-face celebration after most of the activities went online at the height of the pandemic in 2020 and 2021.
The official also said that the street-dancing competition would start at around 3 p.m. and end at eight o’clock in the evening.
The two-week celebration with the Opening of Kadayawan on August 10, Agong, and Kulintangan sa Kadayawan Competition on Aug. 12, Taboan in Kadayawan on Aug. 10 to 13.
Meanwhile, the Habi Kadayawan will be held on Aug. 12, while the Hiyas sa Kadayawan Cultural Presentation (Talent Competition) is scheduled for Aug. 13 and will be followed by the Bantawan Cultural Celebration on Aug. 14 to 16.
The Dula Kadayawan and Hiyas sa Kadayawan Coronation Night will be held on Aug. 17, while the Kasikas sa Kadayawan on Aug. 18 will be followed by the Kadayawan Concert on Aug. 20.
Meanwhile, the Kadayawan Village in Magsaysay Park will be open throughout the celebration of the festival.
- BANGSAMORO SPEAKS | Our instrument for change is already in our hands
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Davao takes Pink October seriously
- TYBOX | Finding identity and integrity as artists
- IMPULSES | Let’s play with PhET in class
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- DA information caravan draws 654 farmers, producers
- P10.3-M granted to uniformed personnel in Reg-XI through CSBP
- Former government employee found dead with 44 stab wounds
- Alleged drug dealer slain in buy-bust
- Show cause order