A MEDICAL technologist graduate died on the spot after an Isuzu wing van hit her while crossing a pedestrian lane along MacArthur Highway in Dumoy, at 9:02 p.m., on Tuesday.
Captain Hazel Tuazon, the spokesperson of the Davao City Police Office, identified her as Lyra Martin Marcito, 24, single and a resident of Saliao Esperanza, Sultan Kudarat.
The truck driver, meanwhile, was Renato Garciano Renato, 51, married.
Initial investigation showed the truck was occupying the inner lane from Toril, heading toward the downtown area. Upon reaching Dumoy Proper, he hit the victim, who was then walking at the crosswalk.
Responding Barangay Disaster Risk and Reduction Management Office rescuers attended to the victim, who unfortunately did not survive the incident.
Her remains were brought to St.Peter Funeral Services in Panacan, Bunawan District.
Meanwhile, the driver and vehicle were brought to Baliok Police Station. He faces a case for reckless imprudence resulting in homicide.
- P14-M worth of prizes up for grabs in the 14th Eaglemasters Golf Tourney
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Women leaders oppose DSWD’s “discriminatory” policies
- TIMESMAN | My last wish!
- IMPULSES | Coffee, choco love affair in Iloilo City
- Solar farm project to attract tourists
- Alleged IP rebel leader slain in Army encounter in Bohol
- Second batch of rice retailers to receive subsidies next week
- Fatal motorbike crash claims two young lives
- P500-K of shabu seized from father, son, nephew