POLICE are still investigating the killing of a 37-year-old who was shot along Arellano Street, Barangay 10-A, at 4:16 p.m. on Monday, June 26.
Major Marvin Hugos, commander of San Pedro Police Station, identified the victim as Jay Besin Jagunos, a resident of Talisay, Mintal Relocation and hailed from Trento in Agusan del Sur.
Residents told police they heard three gunshots and saw the victim lying in a pool of blood on the street.
A witness described the gunman as about 5’7” tall and wearing a black jacket and denim pants. He left the scene on foot, heading toward V. Mapa Street.
The victim was rushed by Ambulance No. 04 of Central 911 to the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) for proper medical intervention. However, the physician later pronounced him dead due to the gunshot wounds.
The Scene of the Crime Operatives (SOCO) team led by SMS Lorenzo Dayon collected two cartridges from a .45 caliber pistol.
- P14-M worth of prizes up for grabs in the 14th Eaglemasters Golf Tourney
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Women leaders oppose DSWD’s “discriminatory” policies
- TIMESMAN | My last wish!
- IMPULSES | Coffee, choco love affair in Iloilo City
- Solar farm project to attract tourists
- Alleged IP rebel leader slain in Army encounter in Bohol
- Second batch of rice retailers to receive subsidies next week
- Fatal motorbike crash claims two young lives
- P500-K of shabu seized from father, son, nephew