ALL OF us love to listen to a good story – one that is full of drama, intrigue, betrayal, loss, and triumph. All these universal truths are found in the pages of our history.
The Davao Historical Society, one of the oldest civic organization in the city, for the past 50 years, has faithfully carried on the tradition of keeping moments in our life as a city alive through its various programs that encourage our youth to appreciate history.
In this highly modern world, it is no longer enough that we know the events and people that have contributed to and shaped our city, we have to harness our knowledge of history to be more critical in our decision-making and move forward armed with the wisdom of our ancestors.
This new set of officers, not only believe that the past helps us to understand the world better, they also believe that every Davaoeño should be as excited and engaged in what is happening because they too, play a front-row seat in history.
The Davao Historical Society, inspired by past officers, will endeavor to strengthen its ranks, expand membership to include more institutions, and deepen its commitment to making Davao history available to everyone, especially among the young generation.
After all, history, arts and culture comprise the soul of our city.
- P14-M worth of prizes up for grabs in the 14th Eaglemasters Golf Tourney
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Women leaders oppose DSWD’s “discriminatory” policies
- TIMESMAN | My last wish!
- IMPULSES | Coffee, choco love affair in Iloilo City
- Solar farm project to attract tourists
- Alleged IP rebel leader slain in Army encounter in Bohol
- Second batch of rice retailers to receive subsidies next week
- Fatal motorbike crash claims two young lives
- P500-K of shabu seized from father, son, nephew