THE TASK Force Davao strengthened foot and mobile patrols in strategic areas of the city for heightened public safety.
Col. Darren Comia, TF Davao commander, said some of its personnel assigned to the fringes would be recalled to augment the patrol teams in downtown areas with a high concentration of citizens.
He said this is part of the re-alignment strategy following a car explosion in Ecoland.
Comia added TF-Davao could not afford to relax its security measures even though the motive of the car explosion was work-related and non-terror related.
Meanwhile, Major Catherine dela Rey, Davao City Police Office spokesperson, said they already have three persons of interest in the attack on a lawyer whose car sustained damage by an unknown explosive in Ecoland on Thursday morning, June 15.
Recently, the police have created a Special Investigation Task Group or SITG Magulta to investigate the explosion and identify the perpetrators.
DCPO chief Col. Alberto Lupaz is the commander of the task group.
Lawyer Alberto Magulta’s wife owned the car. But police believed that he was the one targeted, considering the death threats he received. The police also assured the public that it was not a terror act since the motive was entirely personal.
- BANGSAMORO SPEAKS | Our instrument for change is already in our hands
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Davao takes Pink October seriously
- TYBOX | Finding identity and integrity as artists
- IMPULSES | Let’s play with PhET in class
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- DA information caravan draws 654 farmers, producers
- P10.3-M granted to uniformed personnel in Reg-XI through CSBP
- Former government employee found dead with 44 stab wounds
- Alleged drug dealer slain in buy-bust
- Show cause order