AN ALLEGED drug dealer was killed in a buy-bust operation after he reportedly resisted arrest during a buy-bust at past 2 p.m. in Barangay 19-B on Monday, June 12.
He was identified only as alias Balong, a resident of the barangay.
Major Marvin Hugos, the San Pedro Police Station chief, said Balong handed over a sachet of shabu to a poseur-buyer. However, he allegedly drew his firearm when he was about to be arrested.
The arresting officer reportedly had to fire back, killing the suspect.
The operating team seized one gram of shabu worth P16,000.
Aside from the drugs, they also recovered a .38 revolver with no serial number, four bullets, three fired cartridges, buy-bust money, a phone, scissors, a lighter, and scales from the crime scene.
- P14-M worth of prizes up for grabs in the 14th Eaglemasters Golf Tourney
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Women leaders oppose DSWD’s “discriminatory” policies
- TIMESMAN | My last wish!
- IMPULSES | Coffee, choco love affair in Iloilo City
- Solar farm project to attract tourists
- Alleged IP rebel leader slain in Army encounter in Bohol
- Second batch of rice retailers to receive subsidies next week
- Fatal motorbike crash claims two young lives
- P500-K of shabu seized from father, son, nephew