By: Melvirose L. Apolinar/UM Intern
AFTER being postponed during the pandemic, SummerFrolic is now one of the most eagerly awaited events in Southern Philippines, headlined by international and local DJs.
The two-day event will take place in La-ne’s Kalapyahan in Mati City, Davao Oriental, Philippines, on June 10–11, 2023.
In the press conference at The Royal Mandaya Hotel, communication representative Ralph Ryan Aquino said, “Sa wala pa nakabalo unsa ang SummerFrolic, it’s actually a celebration of life and also to preserve life, its just not about party bitaw.”
“Gibalik na pud namo because daghan tao gusto mo witness, specially katong wala ka witness before, gusto mo witness kong unsa jud ni ang SummerFrolic. Karong 2023, mas dako siya and mo ingon ta na mas bongga (We brought it back due to the strong demand from those who wanted to witness Summerfrolic. This 2023, it’s going to be bigger and grander),” Aquino added.
The SummerFrolic 2023 event will welcome thousands of attendees who share a passion for the performing arts, music, and culture.
SummerFrolic was established in 2014 by FrolicFox Production to promote Dahican Beach, one of Mindanao’s most popular tourist destinations, and Mati City as a major tourist attraction.
- P14-M worth of prizes up for grabs in the 14th Eaglemasters Golf Tourney
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Women leaders oppose DSWD’s “discriminatory” policies
- TIMESMAN | My last wish!
- IMPULSES | Coffee, choco love affair in Iloilo City
- Solar farm project to attract tourists
- Alleged IP rebel leader slain in Army encounter in Bohol
- Second batch of rice retailers to receive subsidies next week
- Fatal motorbike crash claims two young lives
- P500-K of shabu seized from father, son, nephew