By Ma. Mikaela Alonso & Melvirose Apolinar| UM Interns
THE DEPARTMENT of Information and Communications Technology XI (DICT) initiated a regional virtual assistance boot camp for former rebels (FR) from Talaingod, Davao del Norte.
The training will equip beneficiaries with skills and knowledge of information and communications technology and provides them with an opportunity for work upon returning to the community.
Engr. Albert Gabriel, DICT XI IT officer, said, “The general VA bootcamp is usually given to the general public who wanted to work online as online freelancers. Gi-capsulize lang namo ang module (we just capsulized the module) so it would suit also to the demand for those former rebels.”
The training is deemed timely for the FR to be part of the community of online freelancers in the Philippines. A report from GCash and Payoneer revealed that 1.5 million Filipinos are working in the freelance industry.
The boot camp will take place in the second week of June, which is National ICT Month, focusing on digital Governance as its theme.
The three other themes are Digital Innovation and Inclusion (1st week), Digital Workforce and Competitiveness (3rd week), and Digital Infrastructure and Cybersecurity (4th week).
June is declared as National ICT Month in accordance with Proclamation No. 1521, series of 2008, to acknowledge the importance of ICT as a sector for economic growth and to put in place a national ICT program to maximize the use of ICT.
- P14-M worth of prizes up for grabs in the 14th Eaglemasters Golf Tourney
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Women leaders oppose DSWD’s “discriminatory” policies
- TIMESMAN | My last wish!
- IMPULSES | Coffee, choco love affair in Iloilo City
- Solar farm project to attract tourists
- Alleged IP rebel leader slain in Army encounter in Bohol
- Second batch of rice retailers to receive subsidies next week
- Fatal motorbike crash claims two young lives
- P500-K of shabu seized from father, son, nephew