By Gabrielle Ariadne Aguilar/AdDU Intern
POPLAR Homes has invited UI/UX designers, UX writers, and aspiring design enthusiasts for the Designers Homecoming on May 27 at their headquarters in Matina Aplaya.
Community ambassador Betsy Tulio looks forward to gathering industry experts in the same field, sharing experience, networking, and the chance for aspiring enthusiasts to land a career opportunity.
Poplar Homes welcomes industry experts and starting designers to this free event, which is made possible through a partnership with the Davao Graphic Designers Community (DGDC) and UX Davao.
“Poplar Homes is rapidly scaling and growing. And right now, we have 350 compiled employees here in Davao City. We are actually supporting these designer meetups to actually raise awareness and somehow also give back to the community, grow our talents, kasi eventually, we hire these aspiring designers,” Tulio said.
Following the gathering on May 27, Poplar Homes will also host Art Attack, an exhibition of digital artworks, on June 3.
“Art Attack is an exhibit that we do wherein most of the exhibits, the artworks that we put in the gallery are digital art. And this year, our theme is ‘Futuristic Mindanao’. It’s really, really fun,” Tulio added.
Tulio said they expect around 100 people to attend the exhibit.
- ROUGH CUTS| One lesson that must be learned
- Probe into ‘abductions’
- CSC XI urges more applicants for the August 2023 CS Exam
- National Academy of Sports now accepting scholarship applicants
- DCPO asks for responsible social media use to avoid creating panic
- Power disruptions on June 4, 5, and 6 in different parts of Davao City
- SM wins ICSC MAXI Awards 2023
- Fatal association
- Over 19,000 child laborers rescued
- Davao Culinary Cup returns after hiatus