A HIGH-VALUE target was killed, and more than P60,000 worth of shabu was seized following a shootout at Magallanes Street, Brgy. 2-A, on Monday, May 15.
Major Marvin Hugos, the commander of San Pedro Police Station, identified the suspect only as alias Jun Bas, 39, jobless, resident of Roxas Extension, Barangay 31-D.
Hugos said Jun Bas ranked no. 3 in the high-value target station level list.
According to the report, the San Pedro Police Station Drug Enforcement Team and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI elements conducted a joint anti-illegal drugs operation at Magallanes against Jun Bas.
The report said the suspect handed over a sachet of shabu police poseur buyer in exchange for the P18,000 buy-bust boodle money.
However, the suspect reportedly pulled out his .38 revolver from the sling bag and shot at the arresting officer.
Fortunately, the officer managed to seek cover and fired his service firearm twice. The wounded suspect was rushed to Southern Medical Philippines Center (SPMC) on board Mobile 20 manned by PCpl Christian Paylado but did not make it in time.
The suspected illegal drugs weighed more or less four grams with an estimated street value of P64,000. The contraband is now in the custody of the Davao City Forensic Unit.
- P14-M worth of prizes up for grabs in the 14th Eaglemasters Golf Tourney
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Women leaders oppose DSWD’s “discriminatory” policies
- TIMESMAN | My last wish!
- IMPULSES | Coffee, choco love affair in Iloilo City
- Solar farm project to attract tourists
- Alleged IP rebel leader slain in Army encounter in Bohol
- Second batch of rice retailers to receive subsidies next week
- Fatal motorbike crash claims two young lives
- P500-K of shabu seized from father, son, nephew