THE DAVAO City Police Office (DCPO) conducted Oplan Kalinaw 2 program in the city’s ten barangays as part of its intensified campaign against criminality and terrorism.
DCPO chief Col Alberto Lupaz said they initiated ten engagement activities in different barangays in the city since August last year.
“Oplan Kalinaw 2 is an anti-criminality, anti-terrorism operational plan through community engagement,” he said.
Through profiling, DCPO will identify the transients and see if they have standing warrants. Aside from profiling, identification, and background check on transients, they also conduct manhunt operations against wanted persons and fugitives hiding in the community.
On Friday, May 12, the police conducted Oplan Kalinaw 2 program at the GEM Village covered court in Barangay Ma-a.
“In fact, daghan na ta nadakpan during the conduct of Oplan Kalinaw 2 sa nagkadaiyang barangay sa Davao City (In fact, we have arrested several personalities during the conduct of Oplan Kalinaw 2 in the city’s barangays).
Oplan Kalinaw 2 brings a whole-of-nation approach as DCPO’s partner government agencies also participate in the program by bringing their services closer to Davaoeños.
“We have free medical checkups and giving of medicines and vitamins, crime prevention information drive, feeding program, giving of school supplies, community entertainment with a live band and magic show, and Oplan Lambat Bitag Sasakyan operation, Oplan Kilos against rape and sexual abuse, among others,” Lupaz said.
He added that residents can also get their police and NBI clearances and other essential government services from other participating agencies during their visit.
Oplan Kalinaw 2 is being held simultaneously in all police stations in Davao City.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC