THE BUREAU of Fire and Protection (BFP) XI recorded more than 200 fire incidents in Davao City from January to May this year.
In an interview on Monday, Senior Fire Officer 4 Ramil Gillado said the recent fire pushed the total to 265 from the start of the year until May 11.
A fire along Gempesaw Street on Thursday night engulfed seven homes and establishments, causing damage worth around P900,000.
Also, with the recent fire incident, 99 cases have been reported from April to May 11, 2023.
In the previous months, the BFP said Davao City reported 166 fire incidents from January to March, with accumulated damage of P31 million.
According to Gillado, some incidents reached alarm level 3, which means triple the manpower, trucks, and equipment needed to extinguish the fire.
Meanwhile, he reminded the public to unplug unused appliances before leaving their houses to avoid electrical short-circuits that may cause a fire.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC