A PHILIPPINE Army member was shot to death by another soldier at Purok 4, Santol, Barangay La Filipina, Tagum City, at 9:49 p.m. on May 12.
Meanwhile, the suspect was immediately arrested by the police following a hot-pursuit operation.
Lt Col Jefrey Latayada, Tagum City Police Station acting head, only identified the victim as alias Jayson, 34, a soldier under the 10th Infantry Division and a resident of San Vicente in Davao de Oro.
The suspect, meanwhile, was Alias Reinong, 34, a resident of Asuncion town in Davao del Norte.
According to the report, the victim was driving a motorcycle with his passenger, alias Rizamae, when he was shot in the different parts of his body upon arriving at the area.
Reinong escaped after the incident but was immediately arrested by the Tagum police. Rizamae positively identified him as the one who shot the victim.
The victim was rushed to the hospital but was declared dead on arrival. Nine empty shells from a .45 caliber pistol were recovered from the crime scene.
The suspect is under the custody of Tagum City Police Station.
Moreover, the police said jealousy could be the possible motive in the killing.
The Tagum City Police Station commander further urged the public to call their hotline number, 0919-748-5024, if they witness a crime or illegal activity in their area.
- BANGSAMORO SPEAKS | Our instrument for change is already in our hands
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Davao takes Pink October seriously
- TYBOX | Finding identity and integrity as artists
- IMPULSES | Let’s play with PhET in class
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- DA information caravan draws 654 farmers, producers
- P10.3-M granted to uniformed personnel in Reg-XI through CSBP
- Former government employee found dead with 44 stab wounds
- Alleged drug dealer slain in buy-bust
- Show cause order