A FIRE that broke out on Thursday night destroyed seven houses at 31-2 Gempesaw Street, Barangay 28-C and cost at least P900,000 worth of damage.
Senior Fire Officer 4 Ramil Gillado, the spokesperson of Davao City Fire District Station, said in an interview that the blaze started at 6:40 p.m. and quickly reached the third alarm.
It immediately escalated to the nearby houses made of light materials, Gillado said.
Firefighters and volunteers from Bangoy, Bajada and Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) responded to the fire scene.
The Bureau of Fire declared a fire-out at 8:02 p.m.
Gillado said the fire at the house owned by Leonila Paragoso. Based on the investigation, electrical arcing caused an ignition.
He added no one was also reported injured during the fire incident and they have yet to determine the number of affected families.
- BANGSAMORO SPEAKS | Our instrument for change is already in our hands
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Davao takes Pink October seriously
- TYBOX | Finding identity and integrity as artists
- IMPULSES | Let’s play with PhET in class
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- DA information caravan draws 654 farmers, producers
- P10.3-M granted to uniformed personnel in Reg-XI through CSBP
- Former government employee found dead with 44 stab wounds
- Alleged drug dealer slain in buy-bust
- Show cause order