By: Enah Fleur Mamac/UM Intern
THE REGIONAL Land Transportation Office (LTO XI) advised applicants to follow proper procedures in securing their driver’s licenses.
LTO XI regional director Niel Cañedo said during the AFP-PNP press briefing on May 3 that shortcutting the process will lead to problems later.
He said they are strictly implementing RA 10930 or the “An act rationalizing and strengthening the policy regarding driver’s license by extending the validity period of driver’s license and penalizing acts in violation of its issuance and application.”
Presently, 66 violators have been convicted, and 14 licenses have been revoked in violation of R.A. 10930 since 2017.
District heads involved in illegally issuing licenses were already relieved and suspended following an investigation by the Department of Transportation (DOTr) and the LTO central office.
Cañedo once again reminded motorists to strictly follow the license application procedure and know the laws applicable to it.
“Ang pagkuha sa lisensya dili kana katungod, it’s only a privilege, mao na akong ginasulti sa ilaha kanunay. And kaakibat sa pribilehiyo sa pagkuhag lisensya, you should know all the laws and regulations pertinent to acquiring a license, driver’s license in particular (Getting a license is not a right. It’s only a privilege. That’s what I tell them all the time. And along with the privilege of applying for a license, you should know all the laws and regulations pertinent in acquiring a license, particularly a driver’s license), Cañedo said.
He also said they are trying to plug the holes that cause the prevalence of fixers and illegal issuance of licenses.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC