MORE THAN P1 million worth of illegal drugs were seized by the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) after the 13-day simultaneous anti-criminality and law enforcement operations from April 18 to 30.
DCPO chief Col Alberto Lupaz said they confiscated a total of 217.718 grams of shabu and 379.26 grams of marijuana with an estimated street market value of Php 1,525,993.60 in 68 operations.
They also filed cases against 90 individuals who were arrested during the simultaneous operations.
Lupaz said they arrested 166 fugitives with standing warrants as part of their intensified campaign against wanted persons.
For anti-illegal gambling operations, the DCPO successfully conducted 32 operations with 90 arrested violators and P15,366 total confiscated bet money.
In the campaign against illegal possession of firearms, they arrested 17 people, confiscated eight guns, recovered nine firearms, received three surrendered firearms, and nine more seized during “Oplan Katok.”
“These accomplishments are the manifestation of DCPO’s continuous conduct of the core-focused operations in maintaining peace and order, providing a safe and secure Davao City,” he said.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC