By: Andrei Vielle Castillo, Donna Stephanie Claire Agcambot, and Mary Angeline Micoy/UM Interns
DAVAO Region sets off the culminating event for Buwan ng Kalutong Pilipino, promoting the products produced by local farmers on Friday at Abreeza Ayala Mall.
This event results from the collaboration of the Department of Agriculture, Department of Tourism, National Commission for Culture and the Arts, and Abreeza Ayala Mall.
DA XI Regional Executive Director Abel James Monteagudo said this event helps recognize farmers and fisherfolk and features the Davao pride.
“Dako jud kaayo siyag matabang kay para sa amoa, dili nami mag problema kung kinsa ang mga buyers kay diria daghan ug naga order (It’s a big help for us since we do not have to worry about buyers as we receive a lot of orders here),” Joy Siton, exhibitor from the United Farmers Association in Tamayong said.
She added that there is up to an 80% possibility of selling the crops they bring to the event. The Filipino Food Month started on April 3 and ended on the 30th.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC