By: Enah Fleur Mamac and Myque Rollon/UM Interns
THE CITY Library and Information Center (CLIC) may soon extend its operations two more hours and up to weekends.
Salome Enoc, CLIC Officer-in-charge, said they have proposed to the Local Library Board (LLB) to extend their operational hours to 9 p.m. The library presently opens at 7 a.m. and closes at 7 p.m.
She said they also have plans to open during weekends to cater to clients, particularly students with classes during weekdays, particularly grade school pupils.
“Ang amoang extension na gi-propose is only 9 p.m…. and then open on weekends, Saturday, Sunday,” Enoc said. (Our proposed extension is only 9 PM… and then open on weekend, Saturday and Sunday)
She said they are awaiting approval from the board before setting the dates for extended operational hours.
“Dili ko kahatag og effectivity kay kana siya kung ma-approve siya sa board, as I mentioned kaganina ato pa mang i-lobby ang additional manpower… the earlier sana, the better (I cannot give an effectivity date because it hinges upon the board’s approval. As I mentioned earlier, we still have to lobby additional manpower… but the earlier, the better),” she added.
She said they need more librarians and if the proposed extension is approved. The library currently averages 400 visitors daily.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC