A FIRE razed five houses in Barangay 22-C in the city on Friday, April 28.
Senior Fire Officer (SFO4) Ramil Gillado, the spokesperson of the Davao City Fire District Station, said flames and smoke were first seen from the house of Josephine Joseph, 49, at around 9:41 a.m.
Gillado said the fire immediately escalated to the nearby houses made of light materials.
He said firefighters already declared a fire-out by 10:43 a.m.
No one was reported injured during the incident.
According to the investigation, an unattended electrical appliance was the cause of the fire, which caused damage worth P250,000.
Gillado said that since January, they recorded 225 fire incidents in the city.
- P14-M worth of prizes up for grabs in the 14th Eaglemasters Golf Tourney
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Women leaders oppose DSWD’s “discriminatory” policies
- TIMESMAN | My last wish!
- IMPULSES | Coffee, choco love affair in Iloilo City
- Solar farm project to attract tourists
- Alleged IP rebel leader slain in Army encounter in Bohol
- Second batch of rice retailers to receive subsidies next week
- Fatal motorbike crash claims two young lives
- P500-K of shabu seized from father, son, nephew