THE CITY Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO) distributed additional food and non-food assistance to the April 21 Punta Dumalag fire victims on Monday.
CSWDO OIC Julie P. Dayaday said more food and non-food items were distributed to the fire victims, along with assistance from the Department of Social Welfare and Development and the Office of Senator Bong Go at the Shanghai Gym, where the families are currently staying.
The distribution is in addition to the hygiene kits, mobile kitchen, and modular tents provided by the city government immediately after the fire.
“Maghatag ta og food and non-food assistance sa ilaha, validated naman 31 ang totally damaged nato, apil na na diha tanan apil na ang renter, sharer (We will be giving food and non-food assistance to them, we already finished our validation there are 31 damaged houses, the [victims] already includes the renters and the sharers),” she said.
She said there are 62 families affected and 185 individuals/dependents. Of the 62 families, 31 are house owners, 14 are renters, 15 are sharers, and two are boarders. Dayaday said that the estimated damage was P10,215,000.
She said they would process the financial assistance to the families within the week since the validation is already done.
- P14-M worth of prizes up for grabs in the 14th Eaglemasters Golf Tourney
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Women leaders oppose DSWD’s “discriminatory” policies
- TIMESMAN | My last wish!
- IMPULSES | Coffee, choco love affair in Iloilo City
- Solar farm project to attract tourists
- Alleged IP rebel leader slain in Army encounter in Bohol
- Second batch of rice retailers to receive subsidies next week
- Fatal motorbike crash claims two young lives
- P500-K of shabu seized from father, son, nephew