AUTHORITIES arrested a BAR owner in a buy-bust operation conducted at Jacinto Street, Corner Fatima, Barangay 32-D, Poblacion, Davao City, on Sunday around 1 a.m.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) XI spokesperson, identified him as Joey Toledo, 29, single, and a resident of the said address.
According to the report, Toledo was arrested for selling a sachet of shabu weighing more or less five grams worth P 30,000 to a PDEA agent who acted as a poseur buyer.
The operating team of PDEA XI, National Bureau of Investigation XI, Armed Forces of the Philippines, Police Drug Enforcement Unit-Special Operations Unit XI, Criminal Investigation and Detection Group XI and Talomo police station conducted the operation.
During the joint drug buy-bust, the operating team seized more or less ten grams of suspected shabu with an estimated value of P68,000. The report also said that another sachet with suspected shabu weighing more or less five grams worth P34,000, buy-bust marked money, and a .38 revolver were also seized during the operation.
Meanwhile, cases for violation of Republic Act 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002) and Republic Act 10591 ( Comprehensive Firearms and Ammunition Regulation Act of 2013) are being prepared against the suspect.
- P14-M worth of prizes up for grabs in the 14th Eaglemasters Golf Tourney
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Women leaders oppose DSWD’s “discriminatory” policies
- TIMESMAN | My last wish!
- IMPULSES | Coffee, choco love affair in Iloilo City
- Solar farm project to attract tourists
- Alleged IP rebel leader slain in Army encounter in Bohol
- Second batch of rice retailers to receive subsidies next week
- Fatal motorbike crash claims two young lives
- P500-K of shabu seized from father, son, nephew