Operatives gun down alleged drug dealer; P600-K worth of shabu seized
A SUSPECTED dealer was killed in a shootout with Toril Police Station operatives during a buy-bust operation in Barangay Lubogan at around 9:10 p.m. on Thursday, April 20.
Police identified the slain suspect only as alias Dodong, 26, single, unemployed, and a resident of Barangay Daliao, Toril.
The report said Dodong suspected he was dealing with an undercover policeman and pulled out his handgun. Responding officers then shot him down.
Authorities recovered 39.61 grams of shabu from his possession or a street value equivalent of P633,760.
The last time a drug suspect was killed during a buy-bust operation was in September last year in Malagamot Road, Barangay Panacan.
Police identified the slain suspect as Alvin Cariño Makiling, 32, driver, and a resident of Lower Rapnaga, Bago Aplaya. He was considered the top 7 high-value target on the regional level. Recovered from his possession were dried marijuana leaves with an estimated street value of P21,760.
- P14-M worth of prizes up for grabs in the 14th Eaglemasters Golf Tourney
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Women leaders oppose DSWD’s “discriminatory” policies
- TIMESMAN | My last wish!
- IMPULSES | Coffee, choco love affair in Iloilo City
- Solar farm project to attract tourists
- Alleged IP rebel leader slain in Army encounter in Bohol
- Second batch of rice retailers to receive subsidies next week
- Fatal motorbike crash claims two young lives
- P500-K of shabu seized from father, son, nephew