About 7,000 security personnel will be deployed in the Davao Region during the Holy Week as the Armed Forces of the Philippines and the Bureau of Fire Protection will augment the security personnel of the police.
Based on the plan, 3,700 will be from the police, 330 from the BFP and AFP and 3,000 force multipliers from the PRO 11 Advocacy Group.
In a statement, Brig. Gen. Alden Delvo, newly-installed director of the Police Regional Office 11, vowed to do their best to ensure a peaceful and orderly observance of the Holy Week as he emphasized that the security forces will prioritize the safety of the public, particularly churchgoers and tourists, who will be visiting the region during the Lenten season.
Delvo also asked for the cooperation and support of the people, particularly commuters, to help maintain peace and order in the area.
“Asahan nyo po ang buong kapulisan ng Pulis Rehiyon Onse ay handa para seguridad at kaayusan sa pagdagsa ng mga mananampalatayang Katoliko sa mga simbahan at iba pang bisita na nais gunitahin ang panahon ng Kwaresma dito sa ating rehiyon,” he said.
With the deployment of these security forces, the public can feel assured that measures are being taken to guarantee a peaceful and meaningful observance of the Holy Week in the region, he added.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC