THE 10TH Infantry Division welcomed the resolution passed by lawmakers celebrating the city’s first anniversary as “insurgency-free” since its declaration on March 24.
The resolution entitled “A Resolution celebrating the first anniversary of Davao City as insurgency-free” was presented by Councilor Luna Acosta, committee on peace and public safety chair.
The councilors approved the resolution on March 28 during the regular session.
Also, the resolution honors the peacekeeping forces from the Agila Division and other units of the security sector for their efforts that resulted in the sustained insurgency-free status of the city.
The declaration of Davao City as insurgency-free was backed by the City Peace and Order Council resolution on June 28, 2022, and City Council Resolution No. 0115-22 on July 19, 2022.
Meanwhile, 10th Infantry Agila Division commander Major General Jose Eriel M. Niembra vowed to continue the gains of peace and development not only in Davao City but in the entire Agila Division’s area of responsibility.
“Since the declaration of Davao City and the whole of Region 11 as insurgency-free, we have seen and experienced a boom in tourism, socio-economic activities, infrastructure, and many more. We will keep it that way to safeguard the welfare of all Davaoeños to ensure peace and order,” Niembra added.
- ROUGH CUTS| One lesson that must be learned
- Probe into ‘abductions’
- CSC XI urges more applicants for the August 2023 CS Exam
- National Academy of Sports now accepting scholarship applicants
- DCPO asks for responsible social media use to avoid creating panic
- Power disruptions on June 4, 5, and 6 in different parts of Davao City
- SM wins ICSC MAXI Awards 2023
- Fatal association
- Over 19,000 child laborers rescued
- Davao Culinary Cup returns after hiatus