THE CITY government is preparing the P1.6 million assistance that it will hand over to Davao de Oro and two of its municipalities that were the main areas hit by a series of earthquakes early this month.
“The city council approved our financial assistance for LGU (hit by) the earthquake– the province of Davao de Oro, Maragusan, and New Bataan,” said Alfredo Baloran, City Risk Reduction and Management Office head.
Baloran said it is still waiting for the completion of the documentary requirements so that it can immediately hand over the funds to the provincial government and the the two municipal governments as they were all placed under the state of calamity.
Under the approved resolution, Davao de Oro will get P1 million while the municipalities will get P300,000 each. The city government also distributed food packs to affected areas.
Based on the report of the provincial government, the earthquakes affected 194,057 households with 229,647 families and destroyed about P196.847 million in properties.
- ROUGH CUTS| One lesson that must be learned
- Probe into ‘abductions’
- CSC XI urges more applicants for the August 2023 CS Exam
- National Academy of Sports now accepting scholarship applicants
- DCPO asks for responsible social media use to avoid creating panic
- Power disruptions on June 4, 5, and 6 in different parts of Davao City
- SM wins ICSC MAXI Awards 2023
- Fatal association
- Over 19,000 child laborers rescued
- Davao Culinary Cup returns after hiatus