Police eye suspension of permit-to-carry firearms for Ironman
THE DAVAO Police Regional Office is mulling the suspension of the permit to carry firearms outside residence (PTCFOR) in the entire region to ensure a secured Ironman event next week.
Speaking at yesterday’s AFP-PNP Press briefing held at The Royal Mandaya hotel, Major Eudisan Gultiano, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI, said, “we might be recommending for the suspension of PTCFOR a week before the Ironman event in the entire Davao region.”
In Davao City alone, the regional police office has augmented almost 4,000 PNP personnel to provide security during the Araw ng Davao.
One of the critical events is the Ironman that will traverse Davao City and Tagum.
The Alveo Ironman 70.3 Davao, powered by Petron, drew at least 1,7000 triathletes from 48 countries.
“That’s why we are on tighter preparation on that, and as a whole, we are in continuous conduct of anti-criminality enforcement operations, and our priority, for now, is the loose firearms,” she said.
She added that they maximized their deployment due to the number of activities in Davao City and other municipalities.
On the other hand, Major Paul Francis Laburada, the Tactical Operations Group (TOG) XI deputy group commander, said they are also helping secure the area of responsibility for the Ironman activity.
“The TOG XI has requested the availability of our air ambulance to support the local and international athletes who will arrive here and if approved, it will arrive next week,” Laburada said.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy