A HIGH-RANKING communist rebel leader in Caraga surrendered to soldiers, bringing high-powered firearms and ammunition in Barangay St. Christine, Lianga, Surigao del Sur on March 9.
He was identified as Patrick Tejeros Wagdos, squad leader of Sandatahang Yunit Pampropaganda – Interyor/Grupong Staff (SYP-I/GS), Headquarters Force, Sub-Regional Committee (HQF, SRC) Southland, North Eastern Mindanao Regional Committee (NEMRC).
He surrendered o the 3rd Special Forces Battalion (3SFBn) under the operational control of the 401st Infantry Brigade, 4th Infantry Division.
Wagdos revealed that he abandoned the armed struggle due to the continued focused military operations of EastMinCom troops and his longing for his family.
He brought along nine AK47 rifles and seven magazines.
Troops are facilitating his documents to avail the Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program (E-CLIP) as of this writing.
Meanwhile, LtGen. Greg T. Almerol Eastern Mindanao Command (EastMinCom) chief, linked the recent surrender to the communist terrorist group’s loss of influenced barangays in the Caraga Region, according to the 4th Quarter 2022 Joint AFP-PNP Intelligence Committee (JAPIC)-Eastern Mindanao Area Periodic Status Report on Threat Groups (PSRTG).
He also lauded the troops for their latest accomplishment, which he said would demoralize further the communist terrorists from fighting and eventually lead to their total collapse.
“This latest accomplishment gives us the optimism to finish the remaining CTG in the Caraga Region before the end of the year. Without their influenced barangays and firearms, they have nowhere to hide and have no capability to fight,” he said.
The EastMinCom commander likewise urged the terrorist remnants to return to the folds of the law and avail of government programs to resume their civilian lives.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC