THE city government honored about 100 organizations and individuals, among them top taxpayers, for their significant contributions to the growth of the city during the “ Pasidungog: Garbo sa Davao event on March 8.
“Today we give due recognition to these organizations and individuals who support the programs and initiatives of the local government in the past year that have enabled us to create a better and more livable city for all,” said Mayor Sebastian Duterte in his speech during the event, which was among the highlights of the commemoration of the 86th foundation of the city.
Acting City Administrator Francis Mark H. Layog praised the honorees, saying “Pasidungog is a way of showing the city’s gratitude for all the things that the stakeholders have done for Davao City.”
The top taxpayers included Davao Light and Power Company, Huawei Technologies Phils., Inc., Samsung Electronics Phils., Corp., and Honda Philippines Inc. Meanwhile, the Top 10 Real Property Taxpayers were Therma South Inc., SM Prime Holdings, Inc., DMCI Project Developers Inc., and Filinvest Land Inc.
Individuals and organizations were also recognized for their contributions to various sectors, including Business Development, Cooperative Development, Public Safety Disaster and Crisis Response, Social Services, Health, Urban Infrastructure and Housing Resettlement, Education, Animal Health Welfare and Productivity, Tourism, Arts, and Economic Development.
Vice Mayor Jay Melchor Quitain urged the private sector to continue working with the city government on projects and activities, particularly in reviving the tourism industry.
“To celebrate Araw ng Dabaw is to honor every responsible hardworking, selfless Dabawenyo and the awardees know that we are grateful for all your support for all that you have done and you continue to do. You have shown your Dabawenyo spirit ,” said Duterte.
Xavier Eric B. Manalastas, president of ICT Davao Inc. and one of the awardees, expressed his appreciation for the recognition received.
Manalastas thanked the city government “for recognizing the efforts and contributions of businesses, groups, individuals, action groups, and response teams here in Davao City. We thank you, especially for the efforts led by City Mayor for making it easier to do business in Davao.”
- AboitizPower’s Hedcor celebrates 45th anniversary
- PRO XI: Heighten patrols to keep streets safe
- 8 Injury Prevention Tips for Older Athletes
- KonsultaMD SuperApp: A game-changer in Philippine healthcare
- MTCP Alumni feted by Malaysian Consul General Consul General of Malaysia, Hon. Deddy Faisal Ahmad Salleh
- Consul General of Malaysia Mr. Deddy Faisal Bin Ahmad speech at High Tea Reception in honour of MTCP Alumni
- Globe shifts Iloilo facility to renewable energy, total sites on clean energy now at 25
- ROUGH CUTS| We’re starting to read through the pictures
- Poplar invites UX designers and writers to Designers Homecoming
- 62 fire victims get cash aid