FIVE INDIVIDUALS were allegedly involved in a money investment scheme for violating Republic Act 8799 or “Securities Regulation Act” after being found to have collected money without a permit or proper document from the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Major Rodante Varona, the Sto. Tomas Police chief, identified them only in their aliases as JP, male, Kat, Jen, Juls, all female residents of Purok 20-A, Barangay Tibal-og, Santo Tomas, Davao del Norte, and alias JoJo, female, resident sa FD.RD. 2, Barangay Tibal-og.
According to the report, the five were arrested on Tuesday, Feb. 28, at around 4:35 p.m. with Jessie Jay D. Layan, Municipal BPLS In-charge (Business Permit and Licensing Section), conducted an investigation and verification on the alleged investment scheme located at the 2nd floor, Melicio Commercial Bldg. FD.RD. # 2, Brgy. Tibal-og.
Report said the business was operated by a daily-profit marketing consulting office and owned by certain Alias Mario.
Seized from them were three record books, a stamp pad, four black ball pens, two calculators, a black stapler, two scissors, rubber bands, a bundle of marketing brochures, six pieces of receipt stubs, 47 pieces of beauty products, P30,450 collection money, including the P5,000 marked money.
Also confiscated were RealMe Note II cellular digital phone, iPhone XS MAX cellular, RealMe C1, iPhone 6s cellular digital phone and Samsung keypad cellular phone.
Moreover, the Security and Exchange Commission confirmed that the company is unregistered and the said individuals are active members of the said marketing establishment.
For now, the arrested are under the custody of Sto. Tomas Municipal police station for the filing of an appropriate case.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC